Thursday 7 April 2011

3 Small Successes Vol 6*

FaithButton

1) The main one is, I think, that during the past week I Kept On Going. I didn't get too angry, or impatient, with physically below par girls and a sick baby who just required constant cleaning up. I just got on with it and laughed where necessary. (Yes, I probably moaned, and worried, but I got through.)

2) I may have had to hand the reins of the roast dinner to my husband on (UK) Mothering Sunday, but I have got a chilli con carne simmering in the pan today. With corn, carrots, onions, tomatoes and kidney beans providing a picture of colour. (It's lovely how excited I can get over a meal like this - which is not complex in itself - in amongst our simple Lenten meals.)

3) This may sound ridiculous, but I've been trying to keep pace with the dishes this week. I was inspired by an old Jennifer Fulwiler post about how much time some nuns, and now her, devote to mealtimes and cleanup afterwards. I used to think all that stuff cut into *my* time but, now I see it as helping the family and the end part of that lovely/bickering/screaming family dinner we have together, I see it in a different light and am beginning to embrace the mundane tasks He has us do!

What a week :-)

*hosted by Danielle Bean at Faith and Family Live

2 comments:

  1. I like #1. It's easy to forget that sometimes just putting one foot in front of the other for a week can be a HUGE accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to remember #3 when I am gripping about dinner time, laundry, cleaning up after the family! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete