Wednesday 20 January 2010

To cook, or not to cook


I love to cook. I'm not the world's best cook, but I love creating and tasting dishes, and feeding others. Prior to my most recent pregnancy, I took delivery of a big and expensive oven - which I have only used to cook oven chips and macaroni cheese. I have a butternut squash sat in the kitchen begging me to cook it in chicken stock to make a hearty winter soup. I have a spiced organic beef joint in the freezer to go in the slow cooker with Guinness. My stomach just turns thinking about prepping these things. Making the most basic of pasta dishes is an effort. Crushing 4 cloves of garlic for my signature carbonara dish would send me to the bucket. So I won't be blogging about food for a while, until these pesky hormones have settled down. But I wanted to acknowledge that I will be, should I get the time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment